Bachelor of Applied Organizational Technology (BAOT)
This is an archived copy of the 2019-2020 catalog. To access the most recent version of the catalog, please visit http://utoledo-public.courseleaf.com.
The applied organizational technology program (BAOT) is designed for students who already have a technical associate’s degree. These students can complete a bachelor’s degree in the equivalent of two additional years of full-time study at The University of Toledo including a business focus along with an individualized plan to meet career goals.
This program includes a general business focus as well as general education and higher level non-business coursework. Some students elect to include a minor from outside the college of business as part of their degree requirements. Students may also complete a business minor in addition to required courses. All transfer students must have a minimum GPA of 2.25 and have completed a technical associate degree to be accepted into the College of Business and Innovation for the bachelor of applied organizational technology. Transfer students’ admission will be determined by the higher education (HEd) grade point average. The HEd GPA is based on all letter grades attained at all institutions of higher learning and uses the point average scale of “A” equaling four points.
Grade and Hour Requirements
In order to earn the B.A.T. degree, students must complete a minimum of 120 hours of course work, with a minimum cumulative 2.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale. The total hours include transfer hours as well as hours completed at The University of Toledo. Requirement categories are listed below. Students must complete a minimum of 30 hours at the University of Toledo to meet senior residency requirements. Additional grade requirements are listed below. All General Education / University Core requirements must also be satisfied.
Because each Associate Degree may contain courses that transfer in to a variety of requirements in the program, degree requirements are evaluated on an individual basis. Because of this, it is impossible to list a plan of study for the remaining requirements. Below is a listing of the overall degree requirements prior to transfer evaluations.
|1. General Education/University Core|
|Select a minimum 36 credit hours including the following:||36|
English Composition - 6 hrs
Core Math (excluding Statistics) - 3 hrs
Humanities/Fine Arts - 6 hrs
Social Science - 6 hrs
Natural Sciences (including lab) - 7 hrs
Diversity of U.S. - 3 hrs
Diversity - non-U.S. - 3 hrs
|2 General Business Focus|
|BUAD 2060||Business Statistics (or statistics equivalent)||3|
|BUAD 1020||Micro-Computer Applications In Business (or computing equivalent)||3|
|Select 18 hours 1||18|
|B. Required Foundation Course|
|BUAD 2040||Financial Accounting Information 2,3||3|
|or ACTG 1040||Principles Of Financial Accounting|
|C. Additional Requirements|
|Select three courses from the following (one must be 3000 level to avoid additional course work):||9|
|Introduction To Business 2|
|Information Technology Management 2|
|Executive Communication Essentials 2|
|Accounting For Business Decision-Making 2,3|
|Business Analytics 2,3|
|Global Environment Of Business 2|
|Principles Of Marketing 2,3|
|Principles Of Manufacturing And Service Systems 2,3|
|Managerial And Behavioral Processes In Organizations 2|
|Principles Of Financial Management 2,3|
|The Legal And Ethical Environment Of Business 2|
|Select two additional courses 4||6|
|3. Upper Level Courses|
|Select 24 hours of upper division courses outside the College of Business and Innovation at UT. 5||24|
|4. Additional Courses 6|
|Select 18 hours||18|
Eighteen (18) hours are required beyond the prerequisite courses.
A grade of C (2.0) or better is required.
Prerequisites for an MBA can also be fulfilled by completing this course with a minimum grade of C (2.0).
Select two additional courses from the eight listed above or select two courses at the 3000- or 4000- level from ACCT, FINA, INFS, MGMT, EFSB, IBUS, EBUS, OSCM, HURM, PSLS, BLAW, or MKTG to complete the additional requirements. (Prerequisites for selected courses must be fulfilled.)
24 hours must be taken as upper division courses (numbered 3000-4000) from a college outside the College of Business and Innovation at UT. All prerequisites must be met. Some course exceptions to meet career goals may be considered upon appeal at the Dean's Office through your academic adviser in COBI Student Services.
Additional courses/credit hours may be necessary to make up the difference toward the minimum 120 hours required for the degree program.
- Approximately 60-66 hours will be transferred in from an Associate Degree. This may include some General Education core and business classes as well as technical courses. These technical courses will be at the 1000-2000 level and credit will be counted under Additional Courses.
Students must meet with their academic adviser to create an individualized plan of study due to the fact that courses coming in from their associate degree will vary.
- This is a Bachelor degree completion 2 + 2 program. Student must have a technical associate degree completed prior to the awarding of the BAOT.
- Students are required to successfully completed 120 semester credit hours with an overall grade point average of 2.0 or higher.
- Students should consult their Degree Audit for coursework that fulfills elective course requirements in General Ed and 3000/4000 Business and non-Business Elective areas.
- Because every student may have taken a variety of courses as part of their associate degree, it would be impossible to lay out a generic plan of study.
- General Education Minimum 36 hrs
- General Business Focus Minimum 33 hrs
- Upper Level Course 24 hours from 3000/4000 level courses from outside the College of Business including 12 hours from the College of Arts & Letters and Natural Sciences and Mathematics.
- Remaining hours come from courses toward the original associate degree or other elective hours of the student's choice.
Consult advisor for the plan of study.