College of Business and Innovation
2019-2020 Graduate Catalog
Established in 1930, the College of Business and Innovation of The University of Toledo is fully accredited by the American Assembly of Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB). Among the diverse economic activities in metropolitan Toledo are retailing, financial services, and both large and small manufacturing firms. The Port of Toledo and many other enterprises makes Toledo an ideal place for the study of business.
Students can obtain practical experience through University and department-sponsored internships. Such programs enable students to apply skills and business theories to actual situations. In this and other ways, the business community becomes a laboratory for students and helps make the transition from the classroom to the world of work easier and more natural.
The College of Business and Innovation provides innovative and relevant learning experiences and engages in high quality research and teaching to prepare students to become life-long, ethical business and academic leaders who are prepared for global challenges.
We accomplish this by:
- Preparing our students to create innovative solutions to relevant business problems
- Helping our students to understand and make ethical choices
- Connecting our students with organizations to help begin and advance their careers
- Engaging in a faculty-driven process to identify and support publishing in high-impact research outlets
- Mentoring faculty, collaboration with colleagues inside and outside of COBI, and providing a formal peer feedback process to improve teaching and research
- Engaging and involving the regional and international business community in opportunities for student experiential learning, career exploration and development, consulting, and research projects
- Engaging business and alumni advisory boards and focus groups to develop and improve curricula and programs
Hassan HassabElnaby, Ph.D. Associate Dean for Graduate Studies and Research Stranahan Hall Room 5020 Office: 419.530.2780 Suvankar (Sam) Ghosh, Ph.D. Director, Ph.D. Program in Manufacturing and Technology Management Stranahan Hall Room 4028 Office: 419.530.4163 Diana Franz, Ph.D. Director, M.S. in Accounting Program Stranahan Hall Room 3045 Office: 419.530.4264 Michael Mallin, Ph.D. Academic Director of MBA/EMBA Programs Stranahan Hall Room 3049 Office: 419.530.4737 Darlene Evans, M.L.S. Assistant Director of Graduate Programs Office of Graduate Programs Stranahan Hall Suite 1016 Office: 419.530.5682 Stacy Jenkins, M.A. Graduate Programs Advisor Office of Graduate Programs Stranahan Hall Suite 1016 Office: 419.530.5686 Carol A. Stamm, M.Ed. Employer Relations and Job Development Specialist Business Career Programs Savage & Associates Business Complex Suite 3130 Office: 419.530.2012 Kelly Barger, M.B.A Graduate Enrollment and Brand Manager Office of Graduate Programs Stranahan Hall Suite 1016 Office: 419.530.5689 Ariana Turk, B.S.B. Program Coordinator Office of Graduate Programs Stranahan Hall Suite 1016 Office: 419.530.5664