Graduate Certificate in Financial Accounting - available 100% online
A Graduate Certificate in Business is a program of study designed to help students understand a specific area of business and applications within the field. Ideal for both graduate students who seek to explore a specific area of concentration in business as well as working professionals seeking business education credentials to potentially advance in a current career or to build a foundation for a new career. Admissions to a graduate certificate does not guarantee admissions to a Neff College of Business and Innovation master’s program. In order for courses to count toward a Neff College of Business and Innovation master’s degree, a grade of “C” or better is required.
ADD A GRADUATE CERTIFICATE
If you are currently enrolled in a degree seeking program and wish to earn a certificate while pursing this degree, please complete the Request to Add a Graduate Certificate form. Click here for complete instructions and form.
If you are not currently enrolled in a degree seeking program but wish to earn a certificate, please complete the Graduate Online application. Click here to apply online.
Applicants Will Submit the Following:
- Transcripts showing evidence of a Bachelor’s degree with at least a 2.7 cumulative G.P.A.
- Application and Fee (if required)
for International Students:
- International Students currently pursuing a graduate degree (masters, Ph.D., MD, JD) at The University of Toledo are eligible to apply for graduate certificates in business.
- International students not currently enrolled in a graduate degree-seeking program with The University of Toledo are not eligible to apply for a graduate certificate program.
No GMAT or GRE will be required for admission to a Neff COBI graduate certificate, however if the student later applies to a graduate program in Neff COBI, a GMAT/GRE score may be required.
Notes: Admissions to a Neff COBI graduate certificate program does not guarantee admissions to a Neff COBI master’s program. For courses to count toward a Neff COBI master’s degree, a grade of “C” or better is required.
Applications for admission are considered on a rolling basis. However, students are encouraged to submit their applications by the following dates:
|Fall semester||August 1st|
|Spring semester||November 15th|
|Fall semester||May 1st|
|Spring semester||October 1st|
Take the following three courses:
|ACCT 5100||Data Analytics in Accounting||3|
|ACCT 5110||Intermediate Financial 1||3|
|ACCT 5120||External Financial Reporting II||3|
Prerequisite for ACCT 5100 is ACCT 5000 for Level GR with minimum grade of C or equivalent UG/GR course from accredited University or equivalent experience (department chair signoff required). The prerequisite to ACCT 5110 is ACCT 5100 for level GR with a minimum grade of C or equivalent UG/GR course from accredited university. The prerequisite to ACCT 5120 is ACCT 5110 for level GR with a minimum grade of C or equivalent UG/GR course from accredited university.
• Acquired accounting concepts, terminology, and principles related to financial statements.
• Will be able to describe the effect of transaction on the financial statement.
• Will be able to analyze financial statements.
• Apply data analytics concepts to financial accounting issues.