ADD A GRADUATE CERTIFICATE
If you are currently enrolled in a degree seeking program and wish to earn a certificate while pursing this degree, please complete the Request to Add a Graduate Certificate form. Click here for complete instructions and form.
If you are not currently enrolled in a degree seeking program but wish to earn a certificate, please complete the Graduate Online application. Click here to apply online.
Applicants Will Submit the Following:
- Transcripts showing evidence of a Bachelor’s degree with at least a 2.7 cumulative G.P.A.
- Application and Fee (if required)
for International Students:
- International Students currently pursuing a graduate degree (masters, Ph.D., MD, JD) at The University of Toledo are eligible to apply for graduate certificates in business.
- International students not currently enrolled in a graduate degree-seeking program with The University of Toledo are not eligible to apply for a graduate certificate program.
No GMAT or GRE will be required for admission to a Neff COBI graduate certificate, however if the student later applies to a graduate program in Neff COBI, a GMAT/GRE score may be required.
Notes: Admissions to a Neff COBI graduate certificate program does not guarantee admissions to a Neff COBI master’s program. For courses to count toward a Neff COBI master’s degree, a grade of “C” or better is required.
Applications for admission are considered on a rolling basis. However, students are encouraged to submit their applications by the following dates:
|Fall semester||August 1st|
|Spring semester||November 15th|
|Fall semester||May 1st|
|Spring semester||October 1st|
|BUAD 6200||Corporate Finance||3|
|FINA 6140||Investments And Security Analysis||3|
|AND Choose one of the following:||3|
|Financial Institutions And Markets|
|Student Managed Portfolio|
Prerequisite for BUAD 6200 is FINA 5310 for Level GR with minimum grade of C or [BUAD 3040 (Principles of Finance) for Level UG with minimum grade of C. The prerequisite to FINA 5310 is ACCT 5000 with a minimum grade of C or BUAD 2040 and BUAD 2050 for Level UG with minimum grade of C] or [ACTG 1040 for Level UG with minimum grade of C and ACTG 1050 for Level UG with minimum grade of C] or equivalent UG/GR course from accredited University. The BUAD 6200 with a grade of C or higher is a prerequisite to all Finance 6000 level electives.
- PLO 1. Explore the principles of risk and return, risk-averse decision making, and the valuation of assets\\n
- PLO 2. Evaluate equity securities through fundamental, industry, and financial statement analysis\\n
- PLO 3. Analyze and explain the risk and valuation of fixed-income securities\\n
- PLO 4. Manage the interest rate and credit risks faced by financial institutions\\n
- PLO 5. Learn how derivative securities can be used for hedging and risk management