ADD A GRADUATE CERTIFICATE
If you are currently enrolled in a degree seeking program and wish to earn a certificate while pursing this degree, please complete the Request to Add a Graduate Certificate form. Click here for complete instructions and form.
If you are not currently enrolled in a degree seeking program but wish to earn a certificate, please complete the Graduate Online application. Click here to apply online.
Applicants Will Submit the Following:
- Transcripts showing evidence of a Bachelor’s degree with at least a 2.7 cumulative G.P.A.
- Application and Fee (if required)
for International Students:
- International Students currently pursuing a graduate degree (masters, Ph.D., MD, JD) at The University of Toledo are eligible to apply for graduate certificates in business.
- International students not currently enrolled in a graduate degree-seeking program with The University of Toledo are not eligible to apply for a graduate certificate program.
No GMAT or GRE will be required for admission to a Neff COBI graduate certificate, however if the student later applies to a graduate program in Neff COBI, a GMAT/GRE score may be required.
Notes: Admissions to a Neff COBI graduate certificate program does not guarantee admissions to a Neff COBI master’s program. For courses to count toward a Neff COBI master’s degree, a grade of “C” or better is required.
Applications for admission are considered on a rolling basis. However, students are encouraged to submit their applications by the following dates:
|Fall semester||August 1st|
|Spring semester||November 15th|
|Fall semester||May 1st|
|Spring semester||October 1st|
A Graduate Certificate in Business is a program of study designed to help students understand a specific area of business and applications within the field. Ideal for both graduate students who seek to explore a specific area of concentration in business as well as working professionals seeking business education credentials to potentially advance in a current career or to build a foundation for a new career. Admissions to a graduate certificate does not guarantee admissions to a Neff College of Business and Innovation master’s program. In order for courses to count toward a Neff College of Business and Innovation master’s degree, a grade of “C” or better is required.
|EFSB 6900||Cannabis Entrepreneurship||3|
|BLAW 6900||Cannabis Law||3|
|MBC 6400||Cannabis Science: Plants and Products||3|
|PHCL 6400||Cannabis Science – Risks & Benefits||3|
- PLO 1: The Cannabis Certificate at the University of Toledo advances a breadth and depth of knowledge on Cannabis ranging from basic science to production to entrepreneurship. Coursework taught by the College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences includes detailed explorations of Cannabis history; plant structure, genetics, and horticulture; plant chemical production, isolation, analysis, and formulation; and pharmacology, biochemistry, physiology, neurobiology, addictive properties, risks, and benefits as related to human use. Coursework in the College of Business and Innovation examines ethical and legal realities and the management of production, marketing, and distribution of Cannabis products. Students identify and argue the validity of social, legal, and ethical underpinnings of Cannabis prohibition and update on current and trending State and Federal regulations. Students gain insight into the entrepreneurial challenges in the manufacture and distribution of Cannabis products both for medical and recreational use in a public but highly regulated marketplace and develop ideas as to how to be successful given evolving parameters.