EdS in Administration and Supervision
The educational specialist (Ed.S.) degree is a post-master’s graduate program in administration and supervision that provides students an area of organizational leadership or educational specialization with emphasis on practice. This 36 hour degree is designed to meet the needs of individuals whose career goals include licensure for advanced administrative positions in public and private schools (e.g., district administrator, building administrator).
Admission requirements to the Ed.S. program includes:
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year institution and a master’s degree from an accredited institution.
- A minimum 3.25 cumulative GPA, using a 4.0 scale, on all previous graduate academic work.
- Three letters of recommendation from academic professionals regarding the applicant's character and potential for doing post-master's level work. A statement of purpose demonstrating writing ability and the applicant’s goals, and how the educational specialist degree supports those goals.
- Completion of a minimum of 36 semester hours of approved graduate coursework beyond the master’s level (7000/8000 level courses) with a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. All course work for the Ed.S. must be completed within a six-year period immediately preceding the date the degree is awarded.
- Students are required to develop a plan of study with their advisor that specifies the coursework that must be completed to fulfill degree requirements including EDAS 8640 and EDAS 7920. This plan must be filed prior to the completion of 15 semester hours and must be approved by the advisor, the department chairperson, and the college associate dean.
- No more than a total of six semester hours of credit from workshops (7950), problems or special topics courses (7980) and independent studies (7990 or 8990) may be applied to a specialist’s program.
- The program requires the completion of a culminating experience, which may include field experiences, internships, projects, etc.
|A. EDAS core|
|EDAS 8640||Leading Systems Change||3|
|B. Major 1||30|
|C. Culminating Experience|
|EDAS 7920||Specialist Project In Educational Administration||1-3|
1 Courses must be pre-approved by the faculty advisor.