The Master of Studies in Law program requires students to successfully complete 30 credit hours.
The program is offered on both a full-time and part-time schedule.
The Master of Studies in Law requires students to complete 4 required courses. The required courses are:
- Law and the Legal System (Fall Semester, 2-3 credit hours),
- Lawyering Skills I (Fall Semester, 2 credit hours),
- One additional first-year course (typically Fall Semester, 3-4 credit hours), and
- A seminar or independent research project (2-3 credit hours).
For full-time M.L.W. students, Law and the Legal System, Lawyering Skills I, and the additional first-year course must be taken in the fall semester of the first year.
For the additional first-year course, students can choose from courses such as Property, Torts, Civil Procedure, or Contracts.
The College offers graduate certificates in Health Care Compliance and Higher Education Compliance Each requires 15 credits of study in compliance and compliance-related courses. Both require the following core courses:
|Essential Elements of Compliance I||3|
|Organizational Governance & Compliance||3|
|Essential Elements of Compliance II||3|
|Privacy & Data Security||3|
- the Health Care Compliance certificate requires Health Law (3 hours); and
- the Higher Education certificate requires Higher Education Law (3 hours).
The programs are designed to be ones that students can complete in 10-12 months on a part-time basis. All classes are offered in an asynchronous, online format.
Students may continue to work full-time while enrolled in the compliance programs. Students may transfer up to 9 credits from the compliance programs to the MLW. Students may take longer than 10-12 months to complete the program if desired.