Master of Science and Education or Master of Arts and Education
For the degree of Master of Arts and education, students must meet requirements for the degree as stated in the Judith Herb College of Education graduate catalog. The following requirements must also be met:
- A minimum of 36 hours of graduate credit must be completed. MATH 6930 and MATH 6940 do not count toward the 36 hours.
- The total graduate and undergraduate program must include the following:
- at least six hours of abstract algebra and/or linear algebra,
- six hours in geometry, statistics, probability and/or computer programming,
- three to six hours of analysis (beyond calculus),
- three hours of complex analysis and
- one course in logic and foundations.
- The student must pass comprehensive examinations in three of the areas of study of mathematics. The exact areas are to be arranged with the adviser.
- For information on the education course requirements, see the program description provided by the Judith Herb College of Education.