Minor in Philosophy
Specific predesigned programs of study are available in the following areas:
- Philosophy and medicine
- Philosophy and education
- Philosophy of natural science
- Philosophy of social science
Also available is a philosophy minor with honors. Specific requirements are:
- Requirements, list under the "Requirements" tab.
- At least two courses at the 4000 level.
- Either an honors section of a 3000-level course or a 3000-level course taken under an honors contract.
- A minimum GPA of 3.3 in philosophy.
A minor in Philosophy complements a variety of University major programs in the humanities, the social and natural sciences, education and business. All minors in Philosophy must meet the following requirements:
- 21 hours in philosophy with a minimum GPA of 2.0.
- PHIL 3210 or PHIL 3230.
- At least one course numbered 4000 or above.
- No more than one independent study, PHIL 4920, will count toward the completion of the minor.
- The program of study must be approved by the department undergraduate Adviser and verified before graduation.