Minor in Sexualities Studies
To complete the minor in Sexualities Studies, students must maintain a minimum GPA of 2.0 in the minor field, and complete 18 credits of coursework—9 of required core courses and 9 from a broad list of elective courses, subject to approval by the student’s adviser and department chair.
|WGST 2010||Introduction To Gender Studies: Gender, Sex And Difference||3|
|WGST 4890||Research and Methods in Women's and Gender Studies||3|
|or WGST 4880||Queer Theory WAC|
|Select 9 hours of the following:||9|
|Contemporary U.S. Queer Cultures|
|Issues In Lesbian, Transgender, Bisexual And Gay Communities|
|Feminism And Philosophy: Love, Sex and Marriage|
|Feminist Health Humanities|
|Law, Policy And The Politics of Sexuality|
Only one of these may count as an elective. The other will be counted as part of the core requirements.
1. Students will be able to demonstrate their knowledge of key issues and debates in the field of Women’s, Gender, and Sexualities Studies.
2. Students will be able to demonstrate their knowledge of intersectional diversity in US contexts.
3. Students will be able to communicate complex ideas through written assignments.
4. Students will be able to demonstrate an ability to utilize interdisciplinary strategies in research.
5. Students will be able to produce evidence of informal and formal outreach and engagement experiences.
6. Students will be able to demonstrate their knowledge of intersectional diversity in global contexts.