Direct from High School Students:
- Applicants should possess a 3.5 high school GPA for standard admission to the Honors College.
- Academic credentials are only part of the story, though. Our supplemental Honors application will invite students to share information about their high school leadership and/or work experience, any special awards they have earned or achievements they have enjoyed, as well efforts they have made to be an agent of change in their community.
- Our application is short but does include an essay of 400-500 words on the following topic: Reflect on a time when you challenged a belief or idea. What prompted you to act? Would you make the same decision again?
- Interested students can apply to the Honors College while filling out the UToledo application. Applicants will mark their interest in Honors there to initiate the process. If they instead would like to complete our supplemental application later, they can e-mail us at Honors@UToledo.edu to receive the link to it.
- Applicants to the Honors College with a high school GPA falling nearly below the 3.5 threshold are still encouraged to apply but may be subject to an extended review process - an opportunity to detail any extenuating circumstances which might have shaped their high school GPA.
- The priority deadline for application to the Honors College is Feb. 15th.
Current UToledo Students:
- Applicants must possess a cumulative UToledo GPA of at least a 3.3.
- Applicants must have completed their first semester of UToledo coursework but have earned no more than 60 credit hours.
- Applicants must contact the Assistant Director of Student Services at Honors@UToledo.edu to obtain and fill out the Honors College application form for current students.
- Applicants must possess a cumulative college GPA of at least a 3.3.
- Applicants must expect to register at UToledo for at least four semesters before graduation to be able to complete Honors coursework.
- Applicants must contact the Assistant Director of Student Services at Honors@UToledo.edu to obtain and fill out the Honors College application form for incoming students.