Direct from High School Student
- High school GPA and ACT test score indicative of a well‐prepared student, which should meet the minimum of BOTH a 3.5 high school GPA and a 25 ACT (or SAT equivalent of 1200) test score for standard admission to the Honors College.
- Academic credentials should be combined with a significant high school leadership and/or work experience that indicates a high level of motivation and performance that could translate into high academic performance at the university.
- Students apply to the Jesup Scott Honors College after filling out the general UT application, indicating interest there in the Honors College, and receiving acceptance to the university. Students then must complete the supplemental Honors College application form, including submission of a short essay and a summary of extracurricular activities, leadership and work experience, received awards, et cetera.
- Applicants to the Honors College with credentials that fall below the standard minimum criteria stipulated above may be subject to an alternative evaluation that seeks information about extenuating circumstances which may have shaped their high school GPA and test scores.
Current UT Student
- Applicants must possess a cumulative college GPA of at least a 3.3.
- Applicants must have completed their first semester of UT coursework but possess no more than 60 credit hours.
- Applicants must contact the Assistant Director of Student Services (419.530.6180) to obtain and fill out the Honors College application form for current students.