Office of Undergraduate Research (OUR-UT)
OUR-UToledo programs are open to all undergraduate students at UToledo.
OUR-UToledo office: MacKinnon Hall 2000E
OUR-UToledo website: http://www.utoledo.edu/honors/undergradresearch/index.html
Jonathan Bossenbroek, Ph.D.
Director, Office of Competitive Fellowships and Undergraduate Research
Chessica Oetjens, M.A.
Program Coordinator, Office of Competitive Fellowships and Undergraduate Research
OUR-UToledo Mission Statement
The Office of Undergraduate Research provides meaningful research opportunities for all UToledo undergraduate students. We accomplish this mission by being a resource for faculty members to increase undergraduate involvement in their research, and by aiding in the integration of a research component to existing courses and/or development of new research-intensive courses.
Primary Objectives of OUR-UToledo
- Be a focal point for research opportunities for undergraduates.
- Be an advocate for increased funding of undergraduate research at UToledo.
- Showcase research accomplishments of UToledo undergraduates.
- Be a resource for faculty members to increase undergraduate involvement in their research.
- Be a resource for the community and local industries to increase their involvement in undergraduate research.
- Aid in the integration of a research component to existing courses and/or development of new research-intensive courses.
- Coordinate undergraduate research involvement with the other offices at UToledo including: the Office of Research, the Jesup Scott Honors College, Career Services, the various degree-granting colleges, and the various departments and/or academic programs.
Research programs overseen by OUR-UToledo that provide funding to undergraduate students include:
- Academic Year Research Program (AYRP)
- First-Year Summer Research Experience (FYSRE)
- Research Travel Grant Program
- Student Achievement in Research and Scholarship (STARS) Program
- Undergraduate Summer Research and Creative Activity Program (USRCAP)
- Work-Study Research Program (WSRP)
Courses associated with the Office of Undergraduate Research include:
UGR 2980 Issues in Research and Scholarship
[1 credit hour (0, 0, 1)]
Seminar series addressing various issues that can arise in research, scholarship, and creative activities, including: safe laboratory practices, regulatory compliance issues, and ethics issues.
Term Offered: Summer
UGR 4910 Undergraduate Research Experience
[0 credit hours (0, 0, 0)]
Undergraduate students will participate in directed research, scholarship, or creative activities with faculty mentors.
Term Offered: Spring, Summer, Fall