Competitive Fellowships are open to all students and faculty at UToledo.
Competitive Fellowships Office: Scott Hall 0125
Competitive Fellowships Web site: http://www.utoledo.edu/honors/competitive-fellowships/
Robert Schultz, Ph.D.
Director, Offices of Competitive Fellowships and Undergraduate Research
MacKinnon Hall 2000E
Chessica Oetjens, M.A.
Program Coordinator, Offices of Competitive Fellowships and Undergraduate Research
Office of Competitive Fellowships Mission Statement
The University of Toledo's Office of Competitive Fellowships is committed to guiding both students and faculty through the rigorous process of applying for prestigious scholarly experiences. Opportunities are available in all fields and disciplines.
The University of Toledo aims to actively support students in a variety of opportunities for scholarly experiences. We invite you to explore awards for which you may be eligible and connect with us for support. We are here to help guide you through the application process.
Our office offers support with the following awards:
- Boren Scholarship
- Critical Language Scholarship
- Fulbright Scholarship
- Gates Cambridge Scholarship
- Benjamin A. Gilman Scholarship
- Barry Goldwater Scholarship
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration Ernest F. Hollings Scholarship
- James Madison Scholarship
- Marshall Scholarship
- George J. Mitchell Scholarship
- National Defense Science and Engineering Graduate Fellowship
- National Science Foundation Scholarship
- Charles B. Rangel International Affairs Fellowship
- Rhodes Scholarship
- Tillman Scholarship
- Harry S. Truman Scholarship
- Morris Udall Scholarship
SUPPORT FOR FACULTY
The University of Toledo's faculty are world-class experts, scholars, and researchers. Our office is committed to connecting them with prestigious nationally competitive awards and fellowships to recognize their work and enrich their pursuits. Faculty are encouraged to contact us regarding opportunities and criteria for fellowships and research abroad.
Examples of awards that our office will help with include:
- Fulbright Scholar: For those interested in research abroad.
- Guggenheim Fellowships: For those in the arts and sciences interested in assisting research and artistic creation.
- National Endowment for the Humanities: For those seeking funding to support research, education, preservation, and public programs in the humanities.
- Sloan Research Fellowships: For tenure-track (or equivalent) science faculty seeking recognition and support for their research.