College Credit Plus
The University of Toledo’s College Credit Plus program gives college-bound high school students the opportunity to earn college credit and high school credit simultaneously. This gives students the advantage of starting the transition to college early, while reducing the cost and length of time to receive a degree. High school students can take part in the college experience, interacting with full-time college students and university faculty, while experiencing the rigor of college-level courses.
Benefits of UT’s College Credit Plus Program
- There is no cost to the student or families for course and instructional materials
- All students are assigned a Success Coach who has the responsibility to ensure that the student has someone with whom they can meet and confer to receive guidance regarding scheduling, advising, University policies, or any other questions they may have
- All courses are taken with UT undergraduate students
- All College Credit Plus students are considered UT students and have access to many benefits and student support services, with the exception of financial aid.
- Credits earned can transfer toward a bachelor’s degree. UT Core/General Education offered in the six modalities meet the Ohio Transfer Module (OTM) that guarantees transferability to Ohio universities and colleges
- Courses can integrate virtual labs, simulation center visits and other special resources only UT can offer
- All students have access to their instructor via email, telephone, and in-person during posted scheduled office hours
Getting Started in College Credit Plus
Students who are interested in participating in the College Credit Plus program should consult with their high school guidance counselor to determine which courses are still needed for graduation; this will help students and their Success Coach when it comes time to create their college schedule. Next, they will complete The University of Toledo College Credit Plus application form. The application, transcript, and test score(s) (if applicable) will be reviewed and, if everything is satisfactory, students will be admitted and receive a letter of admission that includes their Rocket number and how to set up their student account and UT Rockets email.
College Credit Plus Student Responsibilities
Attend all classes
- Complete all required coursework
Meet regularly with high school counselor and UT Success Coach to stay on track for graduation and remain successful in all courses.
Purchase parking permit if applicable
Pass all classes with a D- or better.
Students who receive a failing grade in a class can be billed for the published cost of that class by their high school district (if a public school student) or the State of Ohio (if a non-public school student).
Students in the College Credit Plus program are governed by the same undergraduate academic policies as UT students in University College.