A Graduate Certificate in Business is a program of study designed to help students understand a specific area of business and applications within the field. Ideal for both graduate students who seek to explore a specific area of concentration in business as well as working professionals seeking business education credentials to potentially advance in a current career or to build a foundation for a new career. Admissions to a graduate certificate does not guarantee admissions to a Neff College of Business and Innovation master’s program. In order for courses to count toward a Neff College of Business and Innovation master’s degree, a grade of “C” or better is required.
ADD A GRADUATE CERTIFICATE
If you are currently enrolled in a degree seeking program and wish to earn a certificate while pursing this degree, please complete the Request to Add a Graduate Certificate form. Click here for complete instructions and form.
If you are not currently enrolled in a degree seeking program but wish to earn a certificate, please complete the Graduate Online application. Click here to apply online.
Applicants Will Submit the Following:
- Transcripts showing evidence of a Bachelor’s degree with at least a 2.7 cumulative G.P.A.
- Application and Fee (if required)
for International Students:
- International Students currently pursuing a graduate degree (masters, Ph.D., MD, JD) at The University of Toledo are eligible to apply for graduate certificates in business.
- International students not currently enrolled in a graduate degree-seeking program with The University of Toledo are not eligible to apply for a graduate certificate program.
No GMAT or GRE will be required for admission to a Neff COBI graduate certificate, however if the student later applies to a graduate program in Neff COBI, a GMAT/GRE score may be required.
Notes: Admissions to a Neff COBI graduate certificate program does not guarantee admissions to a Neff COBI master’s program. For courses to count toward a Neff COBI master’s degree, a grade of “C” or better is required.
Take both of the following:
|BUAD 6200||Corporate Finance||3|
|FINA 6130||Advanced Corporate Finance||3|
AND Choose one of the following:
|FINA 6150||Financial Institutions And Markets||3|
|FINA 6370||MBA International Financial Management||3|
Prerequisite for BUAD 6200 is FINA 5310 for Level GR with minimum grade of C or [BUAD 3040 (Principles of Finance) for Level UG with minimum grade of C. The prerequisite to FINA 5310 is ACCT 5000 for level GR with a minimum grade of C or BUAD 2040 and BUAD 2050 for Level UG with minimum grade of C] or [ACTG 1040 for Level UG with minimum grade of C and ACTG 1050 for Level UG with minimum grade of C] or equivalent UG/GR course from accredited University. The BUAD 6200 with a grade of C or higher is a prerequisite to all Finance 6000 level electives.
1. Present a cohesive approach to financial decision making based on the principle of shareholder maximization
2. Examine the concepts and methodology of long and short-term investment and financing decisions, and their effect on the firm
3. Evaluate business projects based on the cost of capital and make decisions using capital budgeting concepts
4. Integrate real and current business examples to illustrate a variety of financial practices and theory