Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
To be admitted to the Bachelor of Business Administration program (BBA) at The University of Toledo, students need:
- a minimum 2.80 cumulative high school grade point average (GPA) or
- a minimum 25 ACT composite /1150 SAT composite (older version taken prior to March 2016) or 1220 SAT composite (newer version taken March 2016 or after) or a GED average score of 510 (2002 format)/710 (2014 format).
Students who do not qualify for direct admission into the College of Business and Innovation BBA may be admitted to the Associate of Arts, AA, pre-business degree program. The AA PREB program is a 2+2 program with the Bachelor of Business Administration degree, but students may move into the BBA program any time after they have earned a 2.4 UT GPA.
Bachelor of Applied Organizational Technology (BAOT)
Students must have an earned technical associate degree and a minimum GPA of 2.25 to be admitted to the Bachelor of Applied Organizational Technology at The University of Toledo. Transfer students’ admission will be determined by the higher education (HEd) grade point average. The HEd GPA is based on all letter grades attained at all institutions of higher learning and uses the point average scale of “A” equaling four points.
Associate Degree Programs
To be admitted to an associate degree program in the College of Business and Innovation at The University of Toledo, students need:
- a minimum 2.00 cumulative high school grade point average (GPA) or
- a minimum 18 ACT composite /870 SAT composite (older version taken prior to March
2016) or 950 composite (newer version taken after March 2016) or
- a passing GED average score of 480 (2002 format)/600 (2014 format).
Students who do not qualify for admission to the College of Business and Innovation will be admitted to the University of Toledo Learning Collaborative and may transfer to the College of Business and Innovation when the minimum requirements are met.
Admission to Divisions - BBA
The qualifications for admission to the undergraduate degree program and to the upper division, the prerequisites for courses, and all other requirements apply equally to full-time, part-time and transfer students. For purposes of internal admissions, the College of Business and Innovation has the following divisions:
- The Lower Division – Students admitted to the BBA enter this division upon admission to the University and to the college. In the lower division, students complete the pre-professional business and University Core/General Education Classes.
- The Upper Division – Undergraduate students in the BBA apply for admittance to the upper division also known as the professional division or sequence when their earned hours plus their registered hours total at least 60 hours. In additional to the 60 hours, a student must have earned a minimum GPA of 2.25 in the following courses as well as an overall minimum GPA of 2.25. A student not meeting the overall standards but with a cumulative GPA of 2.0 upon appeal, will be reviewed by the college admission committee for admission to the upper division on an individual basis. Students may officially declare their major or area of specialization when applying to the upper division.
Course List Code Title Hours BUAD 1010 Introduction To Business 3 BUAD 1020 Micro-Computer Applications In Business 3 BUAD 2020 Information Technology Management 3 BUAD 2030 Executive Communication Essentials 3 BUAD 2040 Financial Accounting Information 3 BUAD 2050 Accounting For Business Decision-Making 3 BUAD 2060 Data Analysis For Business 3 BUAD 2070 Business Statistics and Analytics 3 BUAD 2080 Global Environment Of Business 3
Students wishing to major in accounting have additional requirements which must be met to enter this major/area of specialization. To be admitted to the accounting area of specialization and to register for ACCT 3100 students must earn a minimum GPA of 2.750 in the introductory-level college accounting courses, including a grade of C (2.0) or higher in both BUAD 2040 and BUAD 2050 or equivalent courses, and an overall higher education minimum GPA of 2.750 in all prior college level courses. Any appeals are reviewed by the Accounting Department.
Transfer / Change of College Admission Requirement
All transfer students must have
- a minimum GPA of 2.40 to be accepted into the College of Business and Innovation to pursue a Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA),
- a minimum GPA of 2.25 to pursue a Bachelor of Applied Organizational Technology (BAOT) and
- a minimum 2.00 GPA to pursue any associate degree in the College of Business.
Transfer students’ admission will be determined by the higher education (HE) grade point average. The HE GPA is based on all letter grades attained at all institutions of higher learning and uses the point average scale of an equaling four points.
The admission of students wishing to change from another college within The University of Toledo to the College of Business and Innovation is the same as for a transfer student.