Below is a sample plan of study. Consult your degree audit for your program requirements.
Associate of Applied Business in Computer Network Administration
- Students are required to successfully complete a minimum of 60 semester hours with an overall grade point average of 2.0 or higher.
- Students should be academically prepared to be placed into MATH 1180 or MATH 1200 at a minimum.
- Students should consult their Degree Audit for coursework that fulfills course requirements in the University Core.
- Students may use the associate degree to go on to the BAOT for 2+2 bachelor degree completion.
|BUAD 1000||Orientation For Business Students||1|
|ENGL 1110||College Composition I||3|
|Select one of the following:||3-4|
|Reasoning With Mathematics|
|Mathematical Modeling and Problem Solving|
|CMPT 1110||Pc Operating Systems||3|
|Social Sciences Core||3|
|ENGL 2960||Professional and Business Writing||3|
|CMPT 1020||Computer Concepts||4|
|CNET 2400||Network Operating System Support||4|
|CNET 2200||Network Technologies||4|
|CMPT/CNET Technical Elective Course 2||1|
|ACTG 1040||Principles Of Financial Accounting||3|
|BMGT 2700||Managing Diversity In The Workplace (or US Diversity Core) 1||3|
|CNET 2100||Microsoft Operating Systems||3|
|CNET 2150||Computer Hardware||3|
|ACTG 1050||Principles Of Management Accounting||3|
|BMGT 1500||Workplace Communication And Presentations||3|
|CNET 2300||Network Operating Systems II||4|
|CNET 2410||Network Services and Infrastructures||3|
|Natural Sciences Core 1||3|
Select from approved general education/university core course work, see degree audit for course selection.
Major elective, see degree audit or academic advisor for course selection.
- PLO 1: Demonstrate the ability to install, configure and maintain network hardware.
- PLO 2: Demonstrate the ability to configure and maintain the business' internal network.
- PLO 3: Demonstrate the ability to manage network security tools such as a firewall or anti-virus system.
- PLO 4: Demonstrate the ability to configure and upgrade network software.
- PLO 5: Demonstrate the ability to develop and maintain backups and restore systems.
- PLO 6: Demonstrate the ability to install and support any networked telecommunication device.