|Program Requirements - 5 Courses - 15 hours|
|Required - 4 Courses - 12 hours|
|GNEN 1500||Sustainability Living||3|
|BUAD 3500||Sustainable Business Practices||3|
|EEES 2020||Introduction to the Environment: Energy and Climate||3|
|or EEES 2030||Introduction to the Environment Land-Use and Water|
|PHIL 3180||Environmental Ethics||3|
|Elective - 1 Course - 3 hours - Select one from:||3|
|Principles Of Manufacturing And Service Systems|
|Chemistry And Society|
|Oceanography And Water Resources|
|Geological Hazards And The Environment|
|Down To Earth: Environmental Science|
|Microbes And Society|
|Sustainability Analysis and Design|
|Patterns Of World Development|
- PLO 1. Discuss the history of the environmental movement and environmental science process.
- PLO 2. Identify the components of sustainability.
- PLO 3. Compare the different ways of evaluating environmental impacts and identify behavioral changes that reduce environmental impact.
- PLO 4. Critically analyze the concept of sustainability, especially with respect to economic, social, and ecological dimensions.
- PLO 5. Articulate and apply the key concepts and processes of sustainability as they relate to businesses (e.g., triple bottom line, social responsibility, systems thinking, life cycle analysis, social entrepreneurship, base of the pyramid).
- PLO 6. Discuss the role and responsibilities of business in society.