To complete the 2+2 degree, a student must take a minimum of 120 credit hours and maintain a minimum GPA of 2.0 at the University of Toledo. A minimum of 60 hours must be taken at the 2000 to 4000 levels, with a minimum of 30 hours at the 3000 and 4000 levels. University core curriculum requirements must be met. See your advisor for details. Below is a sample program of study. Consult your degree audit for your program requirements. Grades of "C" or better are required in all HCAR courses.
|CMPT 1100 |
or BUAD 1020
|Microsoft Office Applications |
or Micro-Computer Applications In Business
|ECON 1200||Principles Of Microeconomics||3|
|HCAR 3000||Introduction to Health Care Administration||3|
|HCAR 4360||Quality Improvement In Health Care||3|
|HCAR 4560||Services in Healthcare||3|
|BUAD 2040||Financial Accounting Information||3|
|ECON 1150||Principles Of Macroeconomics||3|
|HCAR 4570||Resources in Healthcare||4|
|PHIL 3370||Medical Ethics||3|
|Diversity of US||3|
|BUAD 3010||Principles Of Marketing||3|
|BUAD 3030||Managerial And Behavioral Processes In Organizations||3|
|HCAR 4550||Health Care Finance||3|
|MATH 2600||Introduction To Statistics||3|
|HCAR 4530||Problem Solving In Health Care Environment||4|
|HCAR 4540||Field Experience In Healthcare Management||3|
|HCAR 4580||Leadership and Management in Healthcare||3|
|HURM 3220||Human Resource Management||3|
- PLO 1. Knowledge of the Healthcare Environment: Equip students to understand the healthcare system environment.
- PLO 2. Critical Thinking and Problem Solving Skills: Develop the ability to effectively assess, analyze and solve issues in healthcare.
- PLO 3. Communication: Develop the ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing with individuals and groups.
- PLO 4. Leadership: Develop the skills to help attain the organization's strategic mission successfully.
- PLO 5. Ethics and Professionalism: Develop the skills that align personal and organizational conduct with ethical and professional standards that include a responsibility to the healthcare community.
- PLO 6. Students are able to demonstrate understanding of key concepts.