- A student whose cumulative GPA is less than 2.0 is automatically placed on probation until a 2.0 cumulative GPA is achieved.
- In the College of Engineering, a student earning a 1.5 average in any semester regardless of his or her cumulative grade point average will be placed on probation.
- Refer to the College of Pharmacy section in the catalog for specific policies regarding academic probation.
- As long as a student remains on academic probation, enrollment restrictions may be imposed by the student’s college. Individual colleges or degree programs may require probationary students to fulfill specific requirements in order to register for courses during subsequent semesters. These requirements may include, but are not limited to: limits on credit hour enrollment, regular meetings with academic advisors or success coaches, regular attendance in courses, utilizing University tutoring or other student success initiatives.
- A student will be removed from probation when the cumulative UT GPA is 2.0 or greater.