Students may be suspended from the University if they fail to maintain the required cumulative GPA. A student under academic suspension may not enroll in classes at UToledo for a period of at least one semester. Students should refer to their colleges for information regarding their specific policies and grade point averages. A cumulative GPA on attempting specific levels of coursework defined in items below leads to suspension:
- Less than 1.0 after attempting 10-19 semester hours
- Less than 1.5 after attempting 20-29 semester hours
- Less than 1.7 after attempting 30-39 semester hours
- Less than 1.8 after attempting 40-49 semester hours
- Less than 1.9 after attempting 50-59 semester hours
- Less than 2.0 after attempting 60 semester hours
Each college will set its own conditions for readmission. After accumulating 60 credit hours without suspension, a student may be suspended if the student falls below a cumulative GPA of 2.0 for two consecutive semesters.
Consult the probation and suspension policies for each college for more specific information. The Graduate College and the Colleges of Engineering and College of Pharmacy have separate and distinct policies from the other colleges.